Skype For Business - this is an extended version of the Skype messenger familiar to all of us, it has additional functionality that can be useful for corporate tasks. Let's note the most interesting functions of them:
- Simultaneous participation of up to 250 users in a video conference at once, the regular version supports up to 10 people.
- Recording video conferences with saving the archive in the OneDrive cloud.
- Close integration with all Microsoft Office 365 applications. (Word, Exel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Demonstration of the screen, transfer of remote access to another user (similar to the TeamViewer application). In addition, there is an interactive whiteboard function for drawing and recording various information, as well as polls and voting.
- There is a possibility of full integration into the Asterisk IP PBX, i.e. this function allows you to call and receive calls directly to work phones, with all additional features, for example, such as call forwarding and call retention.
Some functionality is paid additionally and requires a subscription. Read more on the Microsoft website.
Download the Skype For Business installer:
— Download from Microsoft website: For Windows
— Download from Microsoft website: For Mac
— Download from our server: For Mac
In addition, we also recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus subscription, which has the possibility of additional integration with Skype for business. The subscription includes access to OneDrive cloud storage for 5 TB. Read more in our catalog.